LUCKY Handheld Fish Finder for Kayak | Reviewed
Fishing was always one of the best activities I enjoyed with my father as a child. However, I was never able to truly grasp the entire process. Back in the days, we would take our boat out in the lake and wait for hours until we finally trapped a fish or two. Although tiring, the overall experience was exciting and worth an adventure. Now that I am a father, I want to share the same experience with my son. I remember the first time we went out fishing but unfortunately came back empty-handed. It was really embarrassing. The lake water is not as clear as it used to be and finding the right spots have become even more difficult, at least for me.
So, I needed something that could tackle this problem for me and eventually allow my child to have a great experience fishing with me. It was one of those water cooler talks in my office that brought up this topic and my colleague enlightened me about the LUCKY portable fishing kayak fishFinder. I was really intrigued and upon a tad bit more research I was sure that this is what I needed. I booked the LUCKY Handheld Fish Finder off of Amazon the first chance I got. It took about 2 days to arrive. Easy to assemble and learn, the device proved to be of great assistance.
It’s been a year now and I along with my friends have used the LUCKY Handheld Fish Finder for kayak on every fishing expedition we have ever gone on. The overall experience has been quite amazing. If you are also someone looking to enhance your fishing skills and planning to buy this device, look no further, here is one of the most comprehensive lucky portable fish finder reviews with pros, cons, and how to use it the best way.
LUCKY Portable Fishing Kayak Fish Finder Features
The LUCKY Handheld Fish Finder for kayak
is a user-friendly device with a number of features that can exponentially enhance your fishing experience and make it an exciting adventure.
- Useful in a number of settings: The LUCKY portable fishing kayak fishFinder is suitable to be used in a variety of settings including kayak fishing, offshore fishing, lake fishing, ice fishing, and sea fishing, among other places. In other words, if you are nearby a water body you can always use the device to check if there are any fish in it and plan accordingly.
- Display – compact yet brightly lit 2inch TN/ANTI-UV LCD provides good visuals.
- Depth Detection: Apart from finding fish, the device is also very useful in determining the depth of water bodies. The Lucky portable fish finder can detect depth ranging from 3ft (1m) to about 328ft (100m). It uses the sonar sensor in order to display the same. The reading can be seen both in meter and feet depending on the region you are in and the metric system you use.
- Wireless device: one of the best features of LUCKY Handheld Fish Finder for kayak is that it’s completely wire-free. There are no extra wires dangling around the device which you need to worry about.
- Multiple inbuilt features: from battery saver mode to up to 5 sensitivity options, the device packs in a number of useful features that come in very handy during outdoor adventures.
- Light and Portable: The device is just 1.1 pounds and small enough to carry in your pocket or backpack.
While using this device for more than a year, I found a bunch of benefits that you must also take into account before getting your hands on it.
- Extremely portable – can be carried around without any issues. You can also hang it around your neck for better accessibility.
- Easily attaches to a boat to provide better assistance during finishing in various environments.
- It’s Battery powered and wireless.
- Easy to use and understand – the device comes with a user manual in English. Post your first couple of attempts you will feel like a pro with this device.
- Durable material – can withstand years of usage.
- Very affordable especially for a daily adventurer.
- A long wire with transducer and float (detachable) for better access making it easier to track while on a boat or kayak.
There are a couple of issues with long term usage of the product that should also be brought to light.
- The battery can last only up to 5 hours even when new. After using it for a while, the battery’s power degraded further.
- You will need to buy the batteries separately.
- The screen cannot withstand a lot of scratches and marks. For a better visibility, it is required that you keep the screen clean.
How to use Lucky Fish finder
There are multiple ways you can use the device depending on the environment. Here are a few examples for your reference:
- Kayak Fishing: apply the mountain taps to attach the Side-scan on the hull of the boat. Make sure the sensor is at least 1 inch underwater. It is also mandatory that you keep the speed under 5mph when using the device to track fishes.
- Shore Fishing: Enjoying a comfortable fishing experience has never been easier thanks to LUCKY Handheld Fish Finder. All you need to do is attach the float on the cable and swing the sonar sensor into the water (like you do with your fishing rod). You will now be able to detect all the fish underwater and gauge your rod accordingly.
- Ice Fishing: are you living in the colder regions of the world? Don’t worry, the Lucky Handheld fish finder can be easily used around the ice as well. Just clear the layer of ice you want to put your solar detector on, create a hole, and put the sensors under the ice to start looking for fish.
So, that’s about it. Hope you have found everything you need in order to have complete experience on your next fishing trip with Lucky Fish Finder. Overall, for beginner or pro, the device is excellent and should certainly be kept handy before embarking on any sort of fishing adventure.
Last update on 2020-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API