If you are looking for the best fish finders online then our Best Fish Finders Reviews is geared to help you sort only the best. Why? Because after 13 weeks of taking these top-rated fish finders out to the test, we have sorted the very best one. And, the most affordable fish finders that do not compromise on quality.
Think about it ? What else advantage do you have at fishing? If you are a step ahead in locating your target fish, you are going to make that catch.
That is also one of the reasons why top fishfinder brands are innovating their devices to work better and more.
If you are investing in a fish finder, getting the best value is and should be your priority. And, to ensure that we have reviewed, tested and eliminated many fish findersin the market.Finally,after 13 weeks our list of the top 5 fish finders in 2019 is complete.
Here is what we have found.
Note: We are not paid by any of the top fish finder brands listed below. So, all our reviews are after weeks of testing by fishing experts in the business for many, many years.
Top Fish Finders in Budget | 2020|
So, we decided to sort them out in the three below categories;
- User Friendliness
Now, that we have reviewed and used them for ourselves, here are the top 5 Fish Finders in 2020 that will not break your bank.
1. Garmin Striker 4 with Transducer, 3.5″ GPS Fishfinder
- Dual-frequency capacity
- CHIRP 2D sonar
- Sonar features; Fish Symbols, A-Scope, Ultra scroll, Flasher etc
- Fast GPS
- No Unit Cover
- No Latitude and Longitude information
- Zero NMEA Connectivity
- An upgrade is sold separately.
- 5-inch colourfish finder
- Built-in, high-sensitivity GPS
- Locate fish and create waypoints back
- User-friendly keypad operation
- Includes CHIRP (77/200 kHz) sonar transducer;
- Transmits power (200 W RMS)/ (1,600 W peak-to-peak)
When it comes to professional fish finders, you can bank on the Garmin’s Striker series. With a 3.5” display and a 2D CHIRP, 1600 feet depth capability and internal GPS this device is set to serve you a pretty long time.
It maybe a small device but don’t be fooled by the size. The display with a matrix of 480V x 320H. The HVGA colour display backlight feature will give you very good readability. Even in direct sunlight.
The internet GPS module will let you store up to 5000waypoints. Meaning you can save all your favourite fish spots too.
The2D sonar gives you clearer object images and the Auto Gain feature will also let you eliminate all unwanted noise.
2. Lowrance HOOK2 12 – 12-inch Fish Finder
- 3-in-1 transducer
- Gast GPS
- Split-screen modes
- Easy to install
- One-year warranty.
- No NMEA or Ethernet ports
- Unit cover not included
- AIS is un-inserted.
- Solarmax Display
- Autotuning Sonar Settings
- Built-In Mapping*
- Micro SD Slot*
- All units include transducers
- Fit for all fishing situations
- Double sonar coverage
- One-Touch Access
- Optimized keypad
- Has both Downscan and Slidescan
- Route creation function
The Hook2 TripleShot offers you a new 2-in-1 skimmer transducer with a DownScan. The High CHIRP technology to see fish far better. Even though dense vegetation the DownScan’s crisp and bright display will work great, even in high sunlight.
With 1 ft contour lines and 3000 pre-loaded lake maps the Hook2 TripleShot works like a fisherman’s best friend all through.
Sporting a moulded-in rib design making it easy for you to mouth it on any trolling motor housing. The TrackBack features will let you store all your sonar data too.
The high resolution 800H x 480V display will let you see the underwater movements better and with the backlight, even in intense sun you get a clear reading.
3. Humminbird 410160-1 PIRANHAMAX 4.3 DI Fish Finder with Down Imaging
- DualBeam and DownImaging sonar
- Transducer Included – XNT 9 DI T, temperature sensor and transom mount
- Several Functions
- Easy to Use
- Easy to Install
- Only one sonar frequency at a time
- No Unit Cover
- No upgrade facilities.
- 4.3″ LCD 256 Color Display
- Display Picture Matrix: 272H x 480V
- Sonar-Coverage: 28° & 16° @ -10dB
- Sonar Frequencies Supported: 200/455kHz
- Depth-Sonar: 320 ft (20) 455 kHz, 600 ft (20) 200 kHz
If you are a fishing enthusiast on a budget, then the PIRANHAMAX 4.3 is designed for you.
The XNT 9 DI T transducer with a transom mountintegrates water temperature. Alongside supported the featured 2D and Down Imaging.
the transducer has conical sonar beams for two frequencies. The Beam angles operate at 28 degrees for 200 kHz and 16 degrees for 455 kHz.
Just as any high-end model you get Structure ID+, Bottom View, Fish ID+ and several alarms too. The display and backlight make sit suitable for easy reading even under the direct sun.
Being IPX7 waterproof this device can be an incidental water retardant.
4. Elite-7 Ti2-7-inch Fish Finder Active Imaging 3-in-1Transducer
- Autopilot functions via Smart Steer, for Xi5 trolling motors
- Fast navigation
- NMEA 2000 connectivity
- MicroSD card slot
- Unit cover
- Genesis Live included
- Multiple languages
- Fast chart update
- No In-Dash Mount
- Not cheap
- No radar supports
- Screen: 7″ diagonal, 800H x 480V pixel resolution
- WVGA colour TFT, adjustable LED backlight
- Sonar: Active Imaging 3-in-1 (2D CHIRP/DownScan/SideScan)
- Transducer: HDI Skimmer (2D CHIRP/DownScan)
- 2D CHIRP: 83 kHz (52°) / 200 kHz (22°)
- DownScan: 455 kHz (56°) / 800 kHz (32°)
- DownScan: 350′ (106 m)
- Power: Max 500 Watts (RMS)
- Supply Voltage: 12 VDC (10.8-17 VDC min-max)
- GPS: 10 Hz internal, 16 channels
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracks: 100; 3,000, 100.
The Lowrance Elite-7 Ti2 comes to you with an Imaging™ 3-in-1 sonar. Itwill support your traditional 2D CHIRP, both SideScan and Downscan imaging.
However, being perfect for not so professional fishing enthusiast the unit comes with the Mid/High HDI transducer. Supporting only 2D CHIRP and DownScan.
To Sidescan imaging, you will need the new Active Imaging™ 3-in-1 transducer.
You get a plastic HDI skimmer for a transducer and a transom mount and trolling motor mount.
The integrated temperature sensor is capable of 83/200 kHz for 2D CHIRP and the Downside can do a 455/800 kHz. It is also will support 50 kHz CHIRP transducers for great depths.
You get a 7-inch display, with a pixel matrix of 800H x 480V, TFT colour. Even in sharp 85°, you can read easily with the backlight. It is IPX7 waterproof.
When it comes to networking you have one Ethernet port for data transfer. It will support your NMEA 2000 (1 x Micro-C) and also supports almost all of the NMEA 0183 sentences.
5. Hummingbird Helix 7 Fish Finder 410950-1
- Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar
- Recording and Screen Snapshot feature
- Gimbal mount
- Supports Navionics+, Navionics Platinum
- Also, compatible LakeMaster Plus, and SmartStrike charts
- RTS, Bottom Lock, Selective Fish ID+, Alarms, SwitchFire
- Depth capability up to 1,200 ft
- Live AutoChart
- The internal software is updateable
- IPX7 waterproof
- In-Built base map
- Very easy to install
- Not cheap
- No unit covers
- No in-dash mount
- Display: 7″ diagonal
- 800H x 480V pixel resolution
- WVGA 16-bit colour TFT
- LED backlight
- Sonar: Dual Spectrum CHIRP, CHIRP Mega Side Imaging, Mega Down Imaging
- Transducer: Transom XNT 9 HW MSI 150 T
- Down Imaging: 440-500 kHz / 75°
- Mega Down Imaging: 1075-1150 kHz / 75°
- Side Imaging: 440-500 kHz / 86° / 480 ft (146 m) side-to-side
- Power Output: 500 Watts (RMS)
- Power Input: 10.8-20V DC
- GPS: Internal
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracks: 45; 2,750
A very new unit released by Humminbird just in 2019, you get three types of sonar reading. Mega modes for your down imaging and side imaging and you get an MSI transducer. With excellent navigation, you get a fast GPS and your base map charts too.
This Humminbird unit has a very new XNT 9 HW MSI 150 T transducer. Featuring a transom mount you have a 20 ft (6m) cable and integrated temperature sensor.
You can call it a High Wide CHIRP transducer and you get the support for the Mega DI and Mega SI.
The internal map database is also your base map. Thecharts will offer you a considerably larger detail input than the previous UniMap and ContourXD.
IPX7 waterproof means incidental water splashed and freshwater deep to 1 meter, you get full coverage.
With an excellent GPS strength, user-friendly interface and a very feature reading, you can depend on this device to navigate you to the most fish dense waters.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Fish Finders Online
When it comes to fish finders there are a few things you should be looking out to make sure you buy the top-rated fish finders.
Because fish finders are not cheap, and you would want to make sure you are getting the value for every penny.
The following points re the most important factors you need to consider in buying from the top fish finder brands.
Capability of GPS
Without a GPS fish finder, you would not be able to locate the most fish dense spots. These days almost all affordable fish finders come with an in-built GPS capability to help you navigate the most invaluable fishing spots.
HD Display Screen
When it comes to the display the bigger is always better. Keep a lookout for a backlight to help you read under the direct sun.
Most fish finders give you capabilities to customize the way your transducer will collect data. You can choose to form the way you want your data to be displayed to even tuning the display visibility. Making it easy to rea din extreme weathers.
We will always tell you to choose a fish finder that can be installed easily You would not want to be stuck trying to install it every time you are out. Also, if you need an easy to mount device so choose the in-dash mount feature.
Going for an SD card slot included fish finder means you can transfer data to your other devices as much you want at ease.
Also, choose in-built maps and charts included fish finders to help you sort through information. It also gives you access to all the dense fish spots too.
These days however you can get the top-rated fish finders that can connect to your smartphone, tablets and Bluetooth in-built. This will also let you view fish spots no matter where you are in your boat. You can also transfer data of your waypoints, navigation, custom routes and maps.
In the end, what you really need to best fish finders online are a buyer’s guide that helps you find the very best. If you are looking for a budget value fish finder then we will suggest you go for the Lowrance HOOK2 12 – 12-inch Fish Finder.
And, if you are a professional angler and go out with your boat regularly then the Hummingbird Helix 7 Fish Finder 410950-1 is going to be the best fish finder online in 2019.
Our Best Fish Finders Reviews 2019 comes from experts who have been in the business for over 30 years. And, their insights have helped us curate the very best fish finder for you.
Let us know which device worked best for you in the comments section.
Last update on 2020-08-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API