Welcome to the examination of the Lowrance HDS-7 7-Inch Waterproof Marine GPS/Fishfinder and Chartplotter with 50/200kHz transducer.
Here we will be looking at the features of the Lowrance HDS-7. We will give a description of this model, compare reviews from actual owners, and give an overall rating and recommendation.
Lowrance HDS-7 Description & Features
Ready to apply award-winning technology to your fish finding? The HDS series by Lowrance is as good as it gets. With Lowrance’s proprietary Broadband Sounder, you’re going to be finding fish you never dreamed of before. No more hiding for the fish, the HDS-7 offers superior sensitivity and definition.
Never get turned around and know exactly where you are on the water with the built-in GPS. The Lowrance HDS-7 Fishfinder also includes built-in ethernet connections for hook-ups to HDS displays on your vessel such as sonar graphs and navigation.
It can also be used for Sirius weather and radio. The 6.4-inch display offers a superb resolution.
|Screen Size||7 Inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12.31 x 9.63 x 8.63 inches|
- HDS chart-plotter models using the enhanced U.S. basemap include comprehensive U.S. geographical coverage for upwards of 100,000 bodies of water.
- Remarkably in depth shorelines and depth contours for approximately 5,000 U.S. lakes
- Insight high-definition mapping provides unparalleled fine detail with super fast screen and map updates
- Insight™ USA brings together inland and coastal coverage of Lake Insight™, which includes greater than 60,000 designated Fishing Hot Spots
- Works with comprehensive selection of Navionics® mapping cartridges
- All HDS units offer Turboview™ for improved viewing with top-of-the-line 3-D charts
Lowrance HDS-7 Fishfinder Features
- Scroll through functions quick and easily with user-friendly menu display
- Clear and bright SolarMAX PLUS screens offer the extreme high contrast picture detail and the incredible wide angle viewing
- No problems in bright sunlight or other conditions with adjustable super-white LED backlighting
- Built-in broadband HD sonar
- 83/200kHz or 50/200kHz transducer
- 2-year Limited Warranty
Lowrance HDS-7 Fishfinder with GPS Chartplotter Reviews
Sample Customer Reviews
Reviews of the HDS-& from actual customers are very good overall with over 81% of all users giving this model 4 or 5 stars (out of 5).
Positive Customer Reviews
I’ve only been able to use this model a few times so far, but so far so good. Navigating through the menu is super fast and easier to use than my lms 520c. The sirius satellite antenna for weather is nice for the price. Great detail on the graph. I’d say it’s the same as the 520c just with different colors. Everything considered, a good upgrade
This GPS/Fishfinder is sweet!!! The screen is so bright and readable!! It’s easily visible in the brightest Florida sun. The screen has multiple layout modes and is very user friendly. The nautical insight is sweet too. I use it mainly in the Gulf of Mexico and wouldn’t even consider buying a unit without Insight. Highly recommended.
I bought this for my sailboat so the fishfinder is not used much but the chart plotter with a Navionics chip is great! I have it tied in with the autopilot (easy job) and the boat follows my tracks! The display is awesome.
Lowrance HDS-7 Fishfinder with GPS Chartplotter
- 6.4-inch SolarMAX Plus display is sunlight-viewable
- high-definition fish finding in all cover
- Super sensitive 16-channel internal GPS antenna
- high-definition GPS and mapping